Need an excuse to meal plan this Spring? Check out the May Aster Market box that includes a modern kraft paper planner, hand made walnut board for entertaining and a hand screened tea towel from India that will brighten up even the dullest of kitchens!
Get your own box at AsterMarket.com.
Easter is coming early this year! And what better way to celebrate than with some gourmet chocolate bark?!
Small-Batch – Naturally Infused – Sourced Responsibly
Based in Santa Monica, la luna salt‘s luna Bark is a small-batch, hand crafted and hand painted confection of sweet and salty magic. Your first bite will leave your pallet begging for more. Our chocolate Bark starts out sweet and creamy, and ends with a salty finish.
We are picking 5 winners (18+, US Only please) that will each receive 3 pieces of sea salted Luna bark directly from La Luna Salt. Easily enter via Rafflecopter below. Extra entries available. Giveaway ends March 15th.
SPRINKLES + BUTTERCREAM Cupcake Lathering Sugar Scrub, $5.00+, THE SPRINKLED 3D DONUT APPLE IPHONE 6/6S PLUS LIFEPROOF FRE CASE SKIN SET, $89.99, Mini Pink Sprinkle Doughnut Soaps – Eight Pack in a Bakery Bag, $7.99, It’s Worth the Calories Donut Doughnut Pastries Pink Sprinkles Dessert Cake Frosting Nail Wraps (Set of 22), $4.99, SPRINKLE Washi Tape – 15mm x 10m, beve original design, Pink Frosting and Multicolor Sprinkles, Jimmies, $4.00, Pink Sprinkles Dog Collar – Hot Pink Cupcakes Adjustable Girl Collar for Small and Large Breed Dogs, $18.00, Orange iced donut stud earrings – with pink sprinkles of course – doughnut studs – food jewelry, $7.40, Donut Pink Sprinkled Glitter Hand-Painted; Doughnut with Colorful Glitter Sprinkles; Pink Frosted Glitter Sprinkle Donut Watercolor, $20.00
This recipe has over 4,500 re-pins so we tested it out today to see what the buzz is about. This recipe combines all of our favorites… chocolate chips, peanut butter, bananas with a dash of magical protein power. Plus, you don’t need an oven or any baking skills!
Final thoughts: These were super easy to make! They do taste like banana bread with a sinful “I’m eating cookie dough out of the container” texture. These would make a good on-the-go breakfast or 3 pm snack (especially with the protein powder). You can make without the protein powder but we don’t recommend removing it since it helps offset the sugar and will keep you from eating the entire batch in one sitting!
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
makes approx. 45 cookies with the Silicandy cookie cutter
— 1 cup butter (cut into cubes)
— 1/2 cup brown sugar
— 2 cups flour (we used Pamela’s for a gluten-free option)
(+ some extra flour for rolling out dough as needed)
— almond oil to taste
— Sprinkle stamp with flour every time you stamp so dough does not stick to cookie stamp
— Press firmly on whole stamp to get a solid impression
Mix butter and brown sugar. Then add 1 1/2 cups of flour a little at a time until combined. Knead dough with extra flour until the dough is no longer sticky and you can form into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Roll out dough (to a height of 1/4 inch) and cut with metal circle cookie cutter. Place circle cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Firmly stamp the top of the cookies with your silicon stamps. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until dough slightly changes color (not too long or the bottom will burn).
Click Here to purchase the Silicandy cookie cutter and stamp set ($8.99/Amazon PRIME)
I received free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review.
1. Loved Jewelry Dish, $14.00, 2. Bond No. 9 Mini Bon Bon Box, $155.00, 3. Drybar Peace on Earth Good Hair To All, $199.00, 4. You’re Pretty Cosmetic Bag, $20.00, 5. Mark & Graham Travel Jewelry Case, $59.00, 6. Belkin Lighting to USB Leather Tassel, $34.99, 7. The North Face Illuminated Reversible Jacket, $200.00, 8. SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker Rampling, $375.00, 9. Aster Market Handmade Goods Subscription Box, $46.95, 10. ED by Ellen Joy Polka Dot Pieced And Chambray Lined Tote, $55.00
1. Green Plaid Cuff Infinity Scarf, $25.00, 2. Ten Toes Inflatable Standup Paddleboard, $479.99, 3. Jimmy Fallon for J. Crew Limited Edition Pocket Dial for iPhone 6/6s, $48.00, 4. Amazon Echo, $179.99, 5. Bourbon Bundle, $59.00, 6. Studio Manhattan Art + Design San Francisco, CA + Golden Gate, $32.00, 7. Loot Crate Subscription Box, $19.95, 8. Yoga Ultra (Large), $88.00, 9. DIGITSOLE Heated Insoles, $199.00, 10. Sense with Sleep Pill, $129.00
1. Pizza Slice BFF Necklaces, $16.99 (each), 2. Quadcopter with HD Camera, $48.80, 3. The Emergency Cash Stash, $24.95, 4. Music City Miracle Quote Shirt, $28.00, 5. Personalized Acrylic Jewelry Case, $90.00, 6. Hair Tie Bracelet by Bittersweet, $45.00, 7. Outside the Lines Adult Coloring Book, $18.00, 8. Happy Socks Billionaire Boys Club Sock Set, $40.00, 9. Under-The-Jack Pack, $68.00, 10. More Issues Than Vogue Oversized Sweatshirt, $26.00
1. Play All Day Elmo, $59.99, 2. VTech Kidizoom Action Cam, $39.99, 3. View Master Virtual Reality, $29.99, 4. Scribbler 3D Pen, $99.99, 5. Jurassic World T-Rex Figure, $29.99, 6. ChronoBomb, $29.99, 7. Tanabata Star Dominoes Set, $49.00, 8. Fur Real Friends Unicorn, $129.00, 9. PlayScapes 32″ Portable Building Brick 2-Sided Play Mat – Compatible with Lego & Duplo, $38.25, 10. My Adventures with Disney Frozen Personalized Book, $24.98
1. Infanteenie Beanie (Monogrammed), $28.99, 2. WubbaNub® Reindeer Pacifier, $12.99, 3. Organic Baby Gowns by Electrik Kidz, $40.00, 4. DockATot™, $185.00, (featured on Baby Cubby) 5. Jellycat Bashful Bunny Candy Stripe Small, $15.00, 6. Plaid bandana bib 3-pack gift set (reversible), $54.00, 7. The Little Who Lost His Name (also available in girl), $29.99, 8. Sideplus Mesh Baby Carrier, $119.99, 9. Happy Mat, $24.99, 10. Fisher-Price Bright Beats Smart Touch Play Space, $49.99
1. Pawslife™ Ugly Holiday Pet Sweater, $14,99 (each), The Cat Exercise Wheel, $249.00, 3. Tigrito Cat Bowl, $68.00, 4. Majestic Pet Suede Bagel Dog Bed, $64.00+, 5. Funny Poop Bags, $6.99, 6. Dog Treat Jar (Made to Order), $50.00+, 7. Under the Mistletoe Dog Collar, $23.57+, 8. Bergan Star Chaser Turbo Scratcher Toy, $11.83, GoPro Fetch™ Dog Harness, $59.99, KONG Rubber Flyer Red, $10.77
We’ve adapted a Pinterest sweet treat from Catch My Party that will please all of your Thanksgiving family and friends!
- We started with the recipe we found here
- Substituted Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust (can also use pre-made crust)
- Added to the filling: apple butter (1/4 cup), clove and cinnamon seasoning (to taste)
- To create the leaf cutouts, we used a Fall mini set from Wilton
These turned out even better than we hoped! The gluten-free crust was just as good as a traditional Thanksgiving pie and the filling is sweet but with a unique tangy kick from the cranberries. Some of the cutouts did stretch a little but you can still tell what each cutout is. From the set I would recommend the maple and oak leaves the most. Not sure if it was the gluten-free crust or my oven, but I did have to bake the mini pies 3-5 minutes longer than the recipe above to get them to a golden brown. Best served warm!